We offer this DNA extraction service for interested users to make classification of the organisms by techniques of massive sequencing or individual sequencing, in particular fungi.
- Extraction of genomic DNA from mycelium.
- Quantification by spectrophotometry and verification of integrity in 1% agarose gel.
- Fresh mycelium of the fungus is required for the extraction of the genomic DNA, in triplicate and no more than 0.5 g of frozen tissue and pulverized in each tube (for this process we recommend the use of liquid nitrogen).
- The user should be very careful not to provide samples of the tissue with traces or remains of the medium where the fungus was grown.
- The tissues should be delivered frozen with Liquid Nitrogen in 2.0 ml eppendorf tubes, otherwise the Genomic Services Unit will not be responsible for the quality of the resulting DNA.
- Each of the tissues received and their replicas must be perfectly labeled with an ID in a legible and indelible manner.
- Under no circumstances will the tissues be received if the user does not deliver the sheet of the Genomic DNA Extraction Service previously filled in and signed by the person in charge of the project.
- In case the user requires the grinding of the tissue, the additional cost will be included in the corresponding quotation.
Delivery of Results
Once the DNA is extracted, the corresponding result will be announced to the users through an email, specifying the amount of DNA obtained for each of the samples by spectrophotometry and the values in the 230/260 and 260/280 ratios.
The material will be delivered in eppendorf tubes labeled with IDs provided by the user.
In case the extracted material is to be used in another of our services, the corresponding service request form must be sent.
Application Forms and Costs
For more information on the service and quote, please contact: