In the Genomic Services Laboratory, nucleotide DNA extractions of plants are performed for users interested in sequencing diploid genetic material (mother-father), having a higher coverage (exons-introns) in the sequences.
- Isolation of the tissue nuclei of interest.
- Purification of the nuclei through gradients and verification of integrity.
- Extraction of DNA from nuclei.
- Quantification by spectrophotometry and verification of integrity in 1% agarose gel.
- If the user so requests, verification of the integrity of the material extracted in gel of pulsed fields, will have an extra cost.
- At least 5 g of frozen and pulverized tissue are required (for this process we recommend the use of liquid nitrogen).
- Samples should be delivered frozen preferably in 50 mL polypropylene tubes. We recommend that the samples be sent on dry ice, otherwise the service unit will not be responsible for the quality of the resulting DNA.
- Labels that identify each of the samples must be provided by the user in a legible and indelible manner.
Delivery of Results
Once the DNA is extracted, the corresponding result will be announced to the users through an electronic mail, specifying the amount of DNA obtained for each of the samples by spectrophotometry and the values in the 260/280 and 260/230 ratios.
The material will be delivered in eppendorf tubes labeled with IDs provided by the user.
In case the extracted material is to be used in another of our services, the corresponding service request form must be sent.
Application Forms and Costs
For more information on the service and quote, please contact: